- MOST IMPORTANT – Heavy Duty Canvas Big Game bags (pack of 4) – not mesh
- We have plenty of bear spray for you. Please don’t purchase any.
- Slicker or rain gear
- Heavy winter coat and Light coat
- Camera and Film or SD cards and extra batteries
- Waterproof hiking boots, camp shoes, and plenty pairs of good socks
- Lined – cold weather packs for the later hunts
- Toilet kit – personal medication, cough drops, Tylenol, toilet paper for the ride in, antacid, etc.
- Heavy winter clothing and lighter clothing (jeans, flannel shirts, etc.)
- Gloves (3-4 pair) and a warm cap
- Long underwear or body armor
- Wool pants are highly recommended
- Sunscreen, chap stick, compass, watch, and alarm clock
- 2 headlamps are a necessity, extra batteries and bulbs, flashlight
- Back pack with small water bottle – You will want to pack these with you on your horse/mule.
- 2 boxes of ammunition
- Knives, sharpening stone, steel
- Fire starter & matches and or bic lighter
- One article of fluorescent hunter orange, preferably a warm cap.
- Binoculars, and range finders
- Rifle with scope, covers, and sling
- Sleeping bag
- Shower towel and washcloth
- Hunting license, conservation stamp, & picture ID
- If you prefer, you can bring beer, wine, or spirits (no glass). Can be bought in Cody.
The above articles must fit into 2 small duffels not weighing over 25 pounds each. We weigh all bags before departure and the weight limit is strictly enforced.
The 50-pound weight limit does not include your sleeping bag. If you have your own hard case or scabbard that fits your gun, we prefer you bring them for your firearm.
In case you don’t have your own, we provide gun cases for all rifles. Each and every rifle must be in a gun case and packed on a mule in order to get them into camp. Because we travel through Yellowstone National park, we must abide by their rules. If your scope has raised turrets, you may want to bring your own scabbard to use once we get to camp.
You can leave your travel clothes, shoes, suitcases, etc. with us or in your vehicle at our trailhead behind a locked gate. If you would like to get a heavy-duty leather scabbard that is built to fit your rifle, please do so and bring it with you.
Archery Hunters will need the following extra items:
- Hard bow case
- Bow tools
- Extra string, sight, & release
- Cow elk urine scents
- Broad heads and field t